While your body has mechanisms in place to maintain stable blood sugar, there are many nutrition and lifestyle strategies that you can implement to help it out. So what do you do when you have a sweets craving? Well… give this blood-sugar balancing DESSERT a try. Yup, you read that right - DESSERT!
2 apples, chopped
1 tbsp coconut oil ½ tsp ground cinnamon ⅛ tsp sea salt ¼ tsp vanilla extract
1. Place chopped apples into a small saucepan with 2 tbsp water. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally. After about 5 minutes the apples will become slightly soft, and water will be absorbed.
2. Add 1 tbsp coconut oil. Stir apples and oil together.
3. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
4. Add cinnamon, salt, and vanilla. Stir well.
5. Cook while stirring until the apples reach your desired softness!
Serve and enjoy!
Tip: Keeping the peel on increases the fiber, which is even better for stabilizing your blood sugar.
Nutrition Facts per serving: Calories 89 | Total Fat 3.6g | Saturated Fat 2.9g | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 582mg | Total Carbohydrate 15.7g | Dietary Fiber 2.9g | Total Sugars 11.6g | Protein 0.3g |
Vitamin D 0mcg - 0% | Calcium 4mg 0% | Iron 1mg 3% | Potassium 121mg - 3%
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.